Saturday, September 10, 2016

Relationship Reflection



When I think about my relationships, I always think about God and my family. My husband is my best friend and sees me when I’m up and when I am down. He is there in the good times and the bad times. His support gets me through the bad times. I can talk to him about anything and everything. When things are not going so good (those times when we seem to not be on the same page) it has an effect on me. Everything else is off. God is what makes us stay together even during the hard times. Without my relationship with God, nothing else in my life matters. I pray for guidance and understanding. I pray for patience in stressful times. I pray for the ability to forgive when I have been done wrong. I pray that He makes me better each day than the day before.

Healthy relationship ingredients:
1.     Love without fear.
2.     Trust without wondering.
3.     Be there without restrictions.
4.     Accept someone without wanting them to change.
Communication and sharing between two people. Communication is based on honesty and trust. Talk and listen. Respect and trust. One has to learn to trust and respect the others in your life. Working through disagreements can make the relationship stronger.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Delores, the relationship you have with your husband is special. To have someone that is your best friend and can stand by you through good and bad times is one to hold dear to your heart. I'm not married yet but my significant other lives in another state and although he is 800 miles away I feel supported by him daily.

    The relationship you have with God is also one that I can relate to, as that is what keeps me balanced and gives me the guidance I need to use each day to become a better person.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome to have a relationship with God, with Him all things are possible.My husband is also my best friend I believe god puts people in our life for a reason I feel he chose who would be my soulmate.I enjoyed reading your post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like you post , the relationship that you share with God is wonderful. For me I try to reflect that type of relationship with the families and children I work with.

    -thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Delores,

    I wanted to say that I admire your relationship with your husband and that you call him your best friend. Although I am not married, I do have a couple people in my life who I would consider to be a best friend of mine. It is truly special to be able to have people in your life that you can call your best friend. Great post!

    _Traci

    ReplyDelete